Lush Dress & 5 Don'ts to Wear at a Summer Wedding

5.09.2016













Dress: Everly (Exact style almost sold out) Clutch: Nordstroms (more affordable options on Amazon)
Shoes: Steve Madden Earrings: Francescas (Sold Out but Linked another option)

It's that time of the year when wedding season is upon us & as a girl, shopping for wedding appropriate dresses is a must.  I have such a hard time trying to find the perfect dresses that seem to fit the feel of the wedding I'm going too.  That being said, when I'm out shopping these are five No No's that I always follow.

1. NEVER wear white: I know this is probably a no-brainer but white should never be in your wedding wardrobe.  All eyes should be on the bride, she is the bride and you're not.  One day when you're getting married you can wear white, but until that day it's her color and her time to shine! 

2. Don't wear anything too short or tight: I don't know about you but I always feel uncomfortable at weddings when girls wear dresses too tight or too revealing.  Weddings are a time for families to celebrate and be together and that is not the type of attention you want to draw. You don't have to dress like a grandma but be respectful ladies!

3. No sleeves or thick material: Summer weddings are often times outside at least for part of the wedding and you know how miserable it is to feel like your clothing is sticking to you.  I can promise you that while the dress might look good on, you almost always will regret wearing it while sitting outside under the hot sun during a ceremony.

4. Wearing the same color as the Bridesmaids: This is crucial and sometimes hard to plan around.  The worst thing that could happen would be not knowing the colors of the wedding and showing up with dress that looks exactly like the bridesmaid dresses.  Usually you can look at the invitation for a hint on colors to avoid.  If that isn't the case, then a patterned dress is usually a safe bet to avoid awkwardly blending in with the wedding party.

5. Being Under Dressed: It is always and I mean ALWAYS a better plan to be over dresses rather than under-dressed.  While you might think your dress that you occasionally wear as a pool coverup looks good on you, it probably shouldn't be worn to a wedding unless the invitation states that level of casual.  But hey, who doesn't love dressing up and feeling good about themselves.  Take this as a chance to feel like a Queen for the night!!

Hope you enjoyed this post! The outfit I'm wearing in the pictures would be a perfect outfit to rock at a summer wedding.  The dress by the brand Everly is actually sold out (total sad face, it happened today because it was there last night) but I will link a ton of other adorable dresses for a wedding in the widget below.  Also if you are in the market for a pair of ankle strap heels like I'm wearing then totally check these out! They are AMAZING. Like I thought my feet would hurt & they totally don't! So definitely check them out because I've worn them to almost every wedding or formal event I've been to since purchasing them! 

I linked everything below so definitely feel free to check it out if you are interested in any of the pieces! Also if you don't already, follow me on Instagram @clothewithloveblog for updates & outfits!

Love Always,
M


Post a Comment

Copyright © Clothe With Love
Made with Love by The Dutch Lady Designs